You need 2 inches extra ON EACH SIDE for the wrap. So - a 16x16 finished size becomes a 20x20 when its submitted. Here's what you do:
1. Open a blank 20x20 file in Photoshop, 300 dpi (or the same dpi as your image). Bring your ruler guides in 2 inches from the top, bottom, left and right.
2. Place your file into this one on a new layer. What you see in the middle is the FACE of your canvas, and what is outside your guides is the wrap! EASY!If you have enough real estate in your original file, great! If not, you can:
A) Add a colored or patterned border - ANY color or pattern. Add this extra space on the Canvas layer - not your image layer.
B) Add more space on the canvas layer and clone the sides. Standard WrapsSame as above, only you need 1 inch extra on each side.
(The wrap does not have to be a color - the image can wrap as well.If you do not feel comfortable formatting your image yourself, we can help! Just upload your image as is to the website and choose the crop you want for the front of the canvases using the editing tool. We will use any extra (if any) to create the sides)
Same as above, only you need 1 inch extra on each side. The wrap does not have to be a color - the image can wrap as well.
(If you do not feel comfortable formatting your image yourself, we can help! Just upload your image as is to the website and choose the crop you want for the front of the canvases using the editing tool. We will use any extra (if any) to create the sides)
Do you ship to PO Boxes?
We can ship to a PO Box depending on the size of your order or canvas. If you are ordering anything larger than a 20x24 canvas, we will need you to provide a physical address instead.
What color space should my image be in?
We print in sRGB. Your file can be submitted in either sRGB or aRGB. There will be no change in the color or look of your file when it is changed from aRGB to sRGB.
Can you drop ship my order directly to my client?
Yes! We can drop ship any order for no extra charge. Just put your customers information into the Shipping Address field when placing your order. If the shipping recipient is different than the billing recipient, we assume the order is a drop ship and will not include any information about our company: that includes stickers, invoices, etc.
Where should I place my logo?
When preparing your file with a logo for canvas, you will need to place the logo at a minimum of a 1/4 inch from the edge of the image. When preparing your file with a logo for metal panels. You will need to allow 1/8 inch of bleed room from the edge of the image. We ask for the files to be prepared this way so that we can ensure the full logo is on the front of the canvas or metal panel. Some image can be lost during the printing or stretching process. The bleed room gives you the confidence to know that the image you submit will come out the way you have pictured the product in your mind.
What if my canvas is damaged in shipping?
In the event that your order is damaged in shipping, we will require that you provide photographs of both the artwork and the box. Once we have received your photos, we will have your canvas reprinted and shipped out promptly. The photos are necessary to issue a claim with FedEx.In the event that the backing paper is damaged, we will either pay to have the paper repaired by a local frame or art company, or we will send you a replacement backing panel which you will need to replace. Because of the low prices we offer, we are unable under any circumstances to provide reprints for damaged backing paper.
What is the lifespan of my canvas or art print?
Using the latest in colorfast ink and media technology, we estimate the lifespan of an un-coated image to be roughly 60 years for color images and 100-150 years for black and white images. All images from Max Art Productions are coated with a UV protectant which effectively doubles the colorfastness of our canvases. So you can expect these images to be proudly hung on the walls of your families homes (or space domiciles) for generations to come!
What if I am not happy with my canvas?
We try to insure that all of our customers are happy with their product. In the event that you are not satisfied, please give us a call or send us an email detailing the issue. We will work with you to find the best solution.
-If you are at fault for the problem, we can offer you discounted pricing on a reprint canvas.
-If the fault is ours, we will happily reprint the canvas and send you a new one asap.
We highly recommend that you have your computer monitor calibrated. If your monitor is not calibrated and you are not happy with your color, you may be at fault for the way your canvas printed. We will make adjustments to image color before printing if we feel necessary, but cannot predict how you would like your color to be represented.
(Also, please note that images print differently on canvas material then they do on photo papers and other materials. If you would like your canvas to match a photo print perfectly, we will need you to mail us the photo print before we process your canvas. )
What type of file should I submit? What size should my file be?
When uploading an order through the website, we would prefer your file to be a Jpeg.
Your file can be no larger than 20 megabytes. If your file is too large to upload, try saving it as a quality 10 Jpeg instead of the default quality 12. This will have no effect on the quality of your final print.
If for any reason your file is still too big, upload a thumbnail (1"x1") version of the image to your order and then email us the full resolution version (email@example.com). If your file is too large to send through email, please upload it to our dropbox by clicking the link below:
Max Art Dropbox (Click Here)
How will my canvases be shipped?
All of our canvases are shipped via FedEx. If the address your canvas is going to is an APO address, the package will be shipped USPS.
There are a few different shipping options available upon checkout through the website. If you do not choose an express option, your package will be shipped via FedEx Ground - The map below shows what the transit time will be.
(Please note that the days in transit are business days)
- If you choose one of our express shipping options when ordering your canvas, please keep in mind that the production time of your piece will remain the same. That means that your canvas will still be in production here for 5 to 7 business days. However, when the canvas is ready to be shipped, it will be sent express (overnight, 2-day or 3-day, depending on what you chose) instead of ground.
- Orders 40 inches or over in length or width are subject to possible freight charges which will not be included at the time of checkout. We will contact you to discuss freight shipping if necessary before we proceed with the production of over sized artwork.
What is your turn around time?
- Turn around time January through October is 4 to 6 business days. This means your order will leave our facility between 4 and 6 business days after being placed.
- During the busy season (November through December) the turnaround time is between 7 and 10 business days. That means your order will be in production here for 7 to 10 business days before it is shipped out. To see how long your package will be in transit once it leaves, please refer to the FAQ - "How will my canvas be shipped?"
- If you need your canvas sooner, please chose the appropriate shipping method when ordering and be sure to mention your requested delivery date in the notes on your order.
- If you have an urgent request or need your canvas YESTERDAY, please call us on our direct phone line: 855-341-9997.
(Please note that if your order is very large in size or quantity, the turn around time might be a couple of days longer than normal. This may also be the case if your canvas is ordered during one of our promotional sales. If you are worried about when you will receive your order, do not hesitate to give us a call.You can check the status of your order from the Order History section under the My Account page of the website)
How will the back of my canvas be finished?
All of our canvas prices include backing paper and hanging hardware for the back of your canvas. Both are attached before your canvas is shipped, so you can take it right out of the box and hang it on your wall.The hanging hardware that is attached to your canvas depends on what size it is.
-Any canvas that is 12 in wide or smaller will have a Z-Bar (Sawtooth) hanger attached.
-Any canvas larger than 12 in wide will have D-rings and picture wire attached. (Unless Beehive hangers are selected)
(For more information on those, see the FAQ "What are Beehive Hangers?")
HOW CAN I KEEP UP WITH YOU?
We would love for you to be the first to know. An easy way to stay in the loop is by signing up for our newsletter [insert link to newsletter sign up] ! You can also follow us on our social media pages as we are constantly posting about new work!
Instagram: Max Art Pro's Instagram Page
Facebook: Max Art Pro's Facebook Page